European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
The Materials Imaging and Dynamics (MID) group at the European XFEL facility is looking for a
Post-doctoral Scientist (f/m/d)
- Contribute to the development of optical pump / XFEL probe schemes for the MID station
- Participation in the in-house research program and acting as local contact for user experiments
- Combine optical excitation with methods like X-ray scattering, XPCS, or X-ray imaging to investigate ultrafast dynamics of condensed matter in experiments at MID
- PhD degree in physics, physical chemistry, or equivalent
- Proven knowledge of X-ray scattering and diffraction as well as optical pump / X-ray probe experiments
- Experience with setup and operation of fs optical laser systems
- Experience with fs laser frequency conversion is an asset
- Previous experience with coherent X-ray techniques, synchrotron radiation, and FEL experiments is an asset
For additional information, please contact Dr. Anders Madsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number S-368
Duration – This appointment is initially limited to 3 years and may – subject to a later decision – be prolonged by two years.
Deadline – 16 May 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, a list of publications, as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.