Reference No.: FG 2019/5
The joint research group GUD focuses on time-resolved studies of structural dynamics in crystalline solids and thin films. Materials of interest are (anti-)Ferromagnets, (Anti-)Ferroelectrics, Materials with correlated electron systems but also thin film multilayers and nanoparticles. Coherent and incoherent phonons as well as heat transport, phase transitions, coupling between different degrees of freedom and switching of structural properties are key scientific question. The research group develops methods of time-resolved x-ray scattering and operates the XPP-KMC3 endstation. As a complementary tool the group operates a laser-driven femtosecond x-ray plasma source which emits hard x-ray pulses with 150 fs pulse duration.
The employment contract is limited to 2 years with the option of an extension to 3 years.
- Developing the XPP-KMC3 beamline by novel experiments and proof-of concept experiments
- Support for external users of the XPP-KMC3 beamline
- Profit from the complementary time-resolved x-ray experiments at the synchrotron and at the laser-basesd plasma source in order to support the development of a BESSY VSR.
- Collaboration with the ultrafast dynamics group at the University of Potsdam regarding ultrafast X-ray experiments at various x-ray sources
- PhD in Physics or a related disciplin
- Good knowledge in solid state physics
- Interest or expertise in ultrafast physics
- Experience with laser spectroscopy or x-ray diffraction are helpful
- Excellent communication and good administrative skills
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 07.05.2019.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.