eference No.: BE 2021/7
BE-AHBB develops new capabilities for accelerator driven lightsources at HZB and elsewhere based on the physics and applications for high brightness electron beams. Our key scientific questions are: How can we generate, accelerate, handle, manipulate, diagnose and deliver bright, ultra-short electron pulses with tailored properties.
As a postdoc at HZB, you will support us in our groundbreaking research. In close cooperation with a highly motivated team, you will face challenging tasks and develop first class photoinjectors.
Your tasks will be
- To take charge of the scientific commissioning of the SRF photoinjector at Sealab
- To investigate the beam dynamics of ultra-bright, ultra-short electron pulses experimentally and theoretically.
- To conceptualize, setup and commission electron beam instrumentation for ultra-bright, ultra-short electron pulses at beam energies < 10 MeV.
- PhD in Physics or related applied subjects (for example Electrical Engineering)
- Interest in accelerator driven lightsources and photoinjectors
- Ability to coordinate a diverse team and tasks
Your benefits at HZB
- Working in a renowned research institution in Berlin to contribute to a climate-friendly future
- Technology development at the highest level with new equipment and a variety of very well-equipped laboratories
- Working in an international team with highly motivated colleagues
- The HZB supports a healthy work-life balance through flexible working hours, mobile working, and an internal advice center on questions of reconciliation of work and private life.
- You will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal and external qualification offers.
- Health management and company sports offers
- A company pension scheme (VBL)
- A team that is looking forward to meeting you!
A challenging accelerator physics Postdoc position at the cutting edge of photoinjector development. Coordinate team and tasks, produce first beams from the photoinjector and understand the beam physics.
Fixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 20.08.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.