Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our Detector Operations group we are looking for a
Postdoc for spectrometer detector for SASE3
- Characterisation, commissioning and operation of the MCP detectors with delay-line readout to be used in dedicated soft X-ray spectrometers at the SCS and SQS instruments of the European XFEL
- Integration of the detectors at the instruments
- Coordination of the activities of the different groups participating to the integration and commissioning of the detector
- Verification of detector performances with laboratory based light sources (UV and X-rays) as well as X-rays from the EuXFEL
- Cooperation with the detector developers, detector and science experts at EuXFEL to trigger detector improvements
- Planning, setting up and evaluating performances of scientific experiments using the spectrometers, data analysis and publication of results
- PhD in physics or an equivalent experience
- Experience in calibration and characterization of detectors for photon science is an asset
- Experience in detector operation and usage at a light source is considered as an asset
- Experience with simulation of detector response to X-rays is an asset
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a structured way in a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary team with English as working language
For additional information, please contact Dr. Monica Turcato (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to three years.
17 October 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.