DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
The offered postdoctoral position will focus on the implementation of advanced lasing concepts for the European XFEL.Particularly the generation of ultra-short, strong, and multi-color pulses due to selective lasing suppression. The hired candidate achieves this goals by simulation campaigns as well as development on the real machine. His duties will cover the entire range from implementation to further enhancement and evolution of the concept.
- Implementation of advanced FEL schemes at EuXFEL
- Creation of simulation framework to further evolve existing concepts and envision new ones
- Take part in machine development shifts
- Support the operation of the EuXFEL
- Independent research and presentation of the achieved results
- PhD in accelerator or FEL related field
- Research background in beam dynamics or FEL physics
- Experience with numerical simulations (Elegant/Genesis/…) and high level scripting languages (Python/Matlab)
- Good command of English, knowledge of German is a benefit
- Excellent teamwork abilities in an International environment
For further information please contact Marc Guetg +49 40-8998-4346, email@example.com.
The positions are initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of an extension for 1 year.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.