The institute Methods and Instrumentation for Synchrotron Radiation Research is looking for: Postdoc Scientist for X-ray spectroscopy
Reference No.: FG 2018/17
We do Science with Photons and enable synchrotron radiation research. With optimized and world leading Synchrotron experimental capabilities we address phase transitions and dynamics on elemental time and length scales in functional materials and molecular systems.
- Conduct, analyze and interpret soft X-ray spectroscopic investigations to deduce physical and chemical properties of molecular systems in combination with high repetition rate lasers in a complementary and synergistic fashion at EDAX@VSR at BESSY II and hRIXS at EUXFEL.
- Development, improvement and operation of soft X-ray methods and instruments of the research institute FG-ISRR crucial for the Helmholtz POF program MML “From Matter to Materials and Life“.
- User support for BESSY II.
- Collaborative work and support of PhD students and students at all levels of education.
- Communication of results through publication and conference participation.
- PhD in a current research topic with synchrotron spectroscopy on molecular systems and functional materials.
- Experience in the operation, utilization and research at soft X-ray synchrotron radiation instrumentation during the PhD or postdoctoral phase.
- In addition proficiency in the handling of complex synchrotron experiments and equipment. Excellent capabilities in the performance and interpretation of experiments with soft X-ray spectroscopy.
- Very good capabilities in the use of modern analytic tools and eventually the simulation of X-ray spectra.
- Fluent knowledge of english is required. A willingness to acquire basic skills in german are appreciated.
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15.01.2019.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.