- Perform time-resolved experiments with soft X-ray Free-Electron Laser pulses for applications in atomic, molecular, non-linear and chemical sciences
- Contribute to the development of the Maloja endstation, including the implementation of experiment components, diagnostics and analysis tools
- Participate in our experiments on ultrafast spectroscopy and imaging, as well as the data analysis and interpretation thereof
- Dissemination of results in scientific journals and at scientific conferences
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry or adjacent fields
- Background in atomic, molecular, non-linear or chemical sciences
- Experience in one or more of the following experimental techniques: electron, ion and aborption spectroscopy, single-particle imaging, ultrafast pump-probe experiments with FELs, HHG sources or lasers
- Highly motivated, can work independently and strive to contribute with new ideas and concepts
- Enjoy working in a interdisciplinary and international team and have excellent English communication skills
- Experience with FEL-based instrumentation and data analysis methods is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Kirsten Andrea Schnorr, phone +41 56 310 27 86.
Please submit your application online by 28th February 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6415-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.