- Theoretical and numerical modelling of short FEL pulses with high power for the SwissFEL soft X-Ray beamline Athos
- Experimental demonstration of short-pulse and high power operation at Athos
- Pulse characterization for these operation modes, using electron beam diagnostics
- Support of pulse characterization at the experimental user station
- Publish and present simulation results and experimental work
- PhD degree in physics
- Knowledge in beam dynamics for X-Ray FEL facilities is highly beneficial
- Able to work with other people as well as to solve problems independently
- Motivated to work in an interdisciplinary and multinational research environment
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
For further information, please contact Dr Kirsten Schnorr, phone +41 56 310 27 86 or Dr Eduard Prat, phone +41 56 310 37 01.
Please submit your application online by 12 October 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6400-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.