The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For further improvement of our state-of-the-art 3D X-Ray ptychographic imaging capabilities at the Swiss Light Source SLS we are looking for a
3D X-Ray ptychography (80 % – 100 %)
- PhD degree in physics or in a related field
- You enjoy spending time analyzing complicated datasets, and ideally you have some experience with ptychography or diffraction data
- Good programming skills (ideally matlab, C)
- Experience with analysis of large datasets, in particular for tomography, is an advantage
- Self-motivated team player, able to work independently
- Good command of English is required (spoken and written) as well as very good communication skills
Your employment contract is limited to 2.5 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Mirko Holler, phone +41 56 310 36 13.
Please submit your application online by 17 January 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6100-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.