SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory invites, effective immediately, applications for a 2-year
advanced X-ray spectroscopty post-doctoral fellow (PD) position at the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation
Lightsource (SSRL) with senior scientist Dr. Ritimukta Sarangi. The PD will work on applying advanced
spectroscopy methods to the metalloenzyme systems involved in the Wood-Ljungdahl pathway and
correlate the datasets with theoretical tools. This is part of a DOE-BES funded research program at SLAC
to understand the geometric and electronic structure of carbon monoxide dehydrogenase and acetyl CoA
synthase (both of which contain bimetallic metalloclusters at their active sites) and correlate structure to
A Ph.D. in inorganic, bioinorganic/biomimetic chemistry or in application of advanced spectroscopy tools
(XES, HERFD and RIXS) to biological or homogeneous catalysis systems. Experience with DFT and
TDDFT methods for the modeling of X-ray spectroscopy data is strongly favored, including demonstrated
ability in data analysis, modeling and interpretation of EXAFS data and its correlation to electronic structure
from XANES and other spectroscopic techniques.
1. Willingness to learn and bridge knowledge/experience gaps.
2. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
3. Strong organizational skills is a must.
4. Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population; good interpersonal skills
5. Effective multitasking skills and the ability to switch between several scientific projects.
6. Ability to interact and communicate with non-experts in theory applications is essential.
7. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
If you are a postdoctoral researcher ready to test your talents in this field of research and hone your skills
at a national laboratory widely recognized for its work in the physical, chemical, and environmental
sciences, we want to connect with you. SLAC is committed to fostering a work environment that promotes
inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply; you do not
need to meet all the Preferred Qualifications to be considered.
Please send a letter with CV and list of publications to Dr. Ritimukta Sarangi, email: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.slac.stanford.edu.