- Job title: Postdoctoral Fellow (M/F) dark field microscopy beamline ID06-HXRM
- Ref.: PDID06-2
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 42k€
- Expected deadline of applications: 07/11/2020
- Contract duration: 18 months, renewable for a further 18 months period
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will play a major role in the operation and further development of the ID06 beamline as well as in the activities of the group.
The beamline’s mission is dark field X-ray microscopy, a newly developed technique that uses hard X-rays for full-field imaging of phase, orientation and strain of crystalline volumes embedded with polycrystalline samples.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow, your mission is the following:
- Develop your own research programme exploiting ID06’s unique technical possibilities in close collaboration with the beamline team
- Support users through the role of local contact, thus gaining opportunities for collaborative work at the frontiers of the field
- Contribute to the continuous technical upgrade and development of the instrument together with the Beamline Scientists and Post-Docs, so as to meet the high expectations of the user community
- PhD in physics or materials research, obtained less than 3 years ago, with a strong interest in materials research, physics, or another closely related field
- Experience in X-ray diffraction, X-ray imaging or other experimental X-ray techniques or complementary methods, such as neutron or electron imaging
- Interest in instrumental (hardware and software) development as well as in applications of synchrotron microscopy
- A background in programming or large data handling is asset
- Previous experience on a synchrotron facility is an asset
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility. The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.