- Job title: Postdoctoral Fellow for the ID06-LVP beamline
- Ref.: PDID06-1
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 45.5 K€ minimum
- Contract duration: 18 months, renewable for a further 6 or 18 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will participate in ongoing in-house research or development programmes, the operation of the beamline, providing support to external users as local contact, and develop your own research programme.
The beamline’s mission is to explore the synthesis, phase diagrams, structures and properties of new and exciting compounds at extreme conditions. Data collection is primarily diffraction-based, though a large component of current User collection will also include ultrasonic measurements, or other ancillary techniques.
Further information may be obtained from Wilson Crichton (tel.: +33 (0)4 76 88 22 69, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PhD in chemistry, physics, geoscience, or related science obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in diffraction and/or multi-anvil techniques is desirable
- A demonstrable ability to code in python will be advantageous
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 or 18-month period.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.