Postdoctoral Fellow in Nanotechnology
- Organization, run-up and management of the different electrochemical equipment
- Optimization and scaling up of processing for high aspect ratio gratings at wafer scale from 4 inch to 8 inch
- Sample preparation for inspection by optical microscope, SEM and X-ray interferometry
- Metallization tasks on the supplied silicon templates by our team for different projects
- Writing reports and scientific articles, research presentations at international conferences
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- Hands-on experience with process, chemistry, and hardware development required for advanced electrochemical processes, especially expertise with semiconductor manufacturing are preferred
- Previous experience in fundamental and/or applied electrochemistry and one (or more) of the following is desirable: Au electrodeposition; electroless deposition; development of 3D metallic structures; electrodeposition process for three-dimensional packaging including TSV process; design deposition bath containing appropriate additives and fabricate metallic filled deep vias on silicon wafer; use analytical techniques such as cyclic voltammetry and chronoamperometry
- Demonstrated experience setting up and sustaining electrochemistry equipment, processes, and various metrology methods associated with the control and monitor of such processes
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Good cooperation and communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Good skills in spoken and written English
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Prof Dr Marco Stampanoni, phone +41 56 310 47 24, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 31 July 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6111-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anita Bleiker, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.