Postdoctoral Fellow – in Resonant Inelastic X-Ray Scattering on Magnetic van der Waals Materials
- Preparation of van der Waals materials for spectroscopic investigations
- Studying spin, orbital and charge correlations of magnetic van der Waals materials with RIXS at SLS and other synchrotron radiation facilities worldwide
- Carrying out pump-probe RIXS investigations at free-electron laser facilities
- Supporting and being involved in the experiment of external users
- PhD degree in physics and solid knowledge of condensed matter physics, quantum mechanics, and magnetism
- Experience in X-ray spectroscopy, optical absorption spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, or inelastic neutron scattering
- Research experience in correlated materials or magnetism
- Very good skills in analysis of complex data
For further information, please contact Dr Thorsten Schmitt, phone +41 56 310 37 62.
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.