Join the European XFEL
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our Single Particles, Clusters and Biomolecules and Serial femtosecond crystallography (SPB/SFX) group we are looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher for coherent X-ray imaging and/or serial crystallography (f/m/d)
- perform and report research in method development or application of coherent x-ray diffractive imaging (CXDI) or serial crystallography using highly coherent, facility based x-ray sources
- contribute to the development and commissioning of the SPB/SFX instrument
- operate the instrumentation, including supporting user groups
- assist in the analysis of data using developed tools and one’s own code
- potentially contribute to “pump-probe” experiments using optical lasers in conjunction with the XFEL
- a PhD in experimental physics, coherent optics, laser physics, x-ray imaging, crystallography or a related discipline
- sound knowledge of coherent x-ray diffraction, crystallography and/or other techniques in coherent optics and associated instrumentation
- ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to ongoing team projects
- highly developed communication skills and willingness to work in a diverse team of international scientists, engineers and technicians
- expertise in data analysis and Python programming will be an advantage
- very good communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team, with English as the working language
For additional information, please contact Adrian Mancuso (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is initially limited to 3 years and may – subject to a later decision – be prolonged by two years.
04 July 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to your CV in English, a list of publications and references in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.