European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. User operation started in September 2017.
The Single Particles, Clusters and Biomolecules and Serial femtosecond crystallography (SPB/SFX) group of the European XFEL Facility is developing and constructing one of six scientific instruments.
Within the recently acquired research grant INVISION funded in the framework of German-Swedish collaboration Röntgen-Ångström cluster we are searching for a Postdoctoral researcher for development of multi-view X-ray microscopy.
- design construction and experimental characterization and commissioning of the scientific instrumentation based on crystal optics for multi-view X-ray microscopy
- theoretical and experimental characterization of X-ray crystal splitters at synchrotrons and X-ray free electron lasers
- experimental data evaluation and processing
- disseminating results obtained during duration of the position in scientific conferences and peer reviewed journals
- PhD in experimental physics, coherent optics, X-ray imaging, X-ray crystal optics or a related discipline
- sound knowledge of X-ray crystal optics, modeling of the properties dynamical theory of X-ray diffraction with multi-wave excitation
- ability to conduct independent research
- highly developed communication skills and willingness to work in a diverse team of international scientists, engineers and technicians
- English is the working language, knowledge of German is considered an asset.
For additional information, please contact Adrian Mancuso, Patrik Vagovic (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme as well as broad relocation benefits. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 2 years.
21 July 2019
Please apply online and provide a motivation letter next to a CV in English, your list of publications, as well as your references in one single pdf-file.
Handicapped persons will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.