Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our SPB/SFX Group we are looking for a:
Postdoctoral Researcher for Serial Femtosecond Crystallography Data Analysis (f/m/d)
- Work with SPB/SFX instrument scientists and the Data Analysis group to develop automated processing of Serial Femtosecond Crystallography (SFX) data in near real time.
- Collaborate with external research groups for the development and integration of widely used X-ray diffraction analysis packages
- Provide support to user groups for processing experimental SFX data
- Produce and contribute to software documentation and scientific publications
- PhD in Natural Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering
- at least 3 years experience in X-ray diffraction or crystallography
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- at least 3 years experience in programming, ideally in scientific context
- good knowledge of Python and at least one other programming language
- strong oral and written English skills (language of work is English)
- willingness to undertake shift work
For additional information, please contact Adrian Mancuso (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number – S-327
Duration – This appointment is limited to 3 years.
Deadline – 10 November 2020
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.