Reference No.: NP 2019/4
The core tasks of the department “Optics and Beamlines” at the HZB are to support the scientific departments in the operation of existing beamlines and instruments (technical supervision) as well as the design and construction of new instrumentation at BESSY II / BESSY VSR. They also include the maintenance and further development of simulation tools for optical components and systems, as well as the development of innovative beamline concepts.
- Development and specification of new beamlines and monochromators as well as the further development of existing instruments
- Analysis of reflection optics
- Installation, commissioning, servicing and quality control of beamlines
- Participation in the development and maintenance of simulation tools
- Experience in use, design and construction of third generation synchrotron beamlines in the harder X-ray range (2 keV – 8 keV)…
- Experience in optical simulation (raytracing)
- Experience in ultra-high vacuum instrumentation
- Experience in the realization of projects
- Knowledge of C++, Python, machine learning is desirable
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 05.05.2019.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.