Reference No.: EE 2020/33
The Department Interface Design studies the structure-function relationship between the chemical and electronic surface and interface properties of thin-film layer stacks and the performance of energy conversion devices (e.g. solar cells, batteries, catalysts, etc). It operates a lab-based ultra-high vacuum (UHV) surface analysis tool, the HiKE (HAXPES) endstation at BESSY II, and is responsible for the UHV-based spectroscopy (PES, HAXPES, XES, XAS, RIXS) and the in-situ and operando characterization activities using photon-in – photon-out techniques in the Energy Materials In-situ Laboratory Berlin (EMIL).
- Performing high-quality energy materials research using X-ray spectroscopies
- Supporting Users at HiKE endstation and EMIL
- Strengthening of in-situ / operando research activities
- Completed PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences or equivalent
- Ability to independently work on a scientific problem
- Experience in setting-up, operating, and maintaining UHV Equipment
- Expertise in the field of the characterization of (buried) interfaces and surfaces using X-ray spectroscopies (PES, IPES, HAXPES, XAS, XES, RIXS) and synchrotron-based light sources
- Profound knowledge in the field of semiconductor physics and/or electrochemistry
- Some expertise in the field of surface modifications, preparation of thin films and/or in-situ / operando analytics
- Very good english language skills
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 25.09.2020. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.