Website Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin (HZB)
Reference No.: EM 2018/1
The department Materials for Green Spintronics investigates the foundations and concepts in materials science for spin based information processing and storage with principally reduced energy consumption. The department operates several experimental stations for spectroscopy and diffraction with synchrotron radiation, in particular a unique vector magnet endstation(VEKMAG) as well a moderate field scattering chamber (ALICE).
At first the position is limted for 3 years with the possibility of an extention up to 5 years.
- In-house research in the fields spintronics/magnetization dynamics/topological phases
- Further development of new features of the setup: soft-x-ray scattering, absorption spectroscopy, ferromagnetic resonance in high magnetic fields and at low and very low temperatures
- Support and collaboration with experiments by partner and user groups
- Scientific and technical knowledge in the fields magnetism and superconductivity using soft-x-ray diffraction methods, soft-x-ray absorption spectroscopy, in particular circular and linear dichroism
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of magnetic hetero and nanostructures
- Experience in superconductivity/ferromagnet proximity effects or molecular magnetism would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge numerical simulation of magnetic systems would be an advantageadvanced programming knowledge (C++, Mathematica, Igor) and basic knowledge in data analysis
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 25.02.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/698/Description/2?lang=eng →