Lund University, MAX IV , Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
Would you like to work at the brightest lightsource in the world?
MAX IV are looking for a Process and Operation Engineer who will contribute to the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the Cryogenic and Pressurized Gas systems at the Max IV facility.
You will join the technical infrastructure team at MAX IV and will become the sub system owner of the Cryogenic and other Pressurized Gas systems at the facility. Together with other stakeholders at the facility, you will contribute to a safe and reliable operation of the present and any future Cryogenic and Pressurized Gas systems at MAX IV.
At present these consist mainly of facility wide systems for liquid and gaseous nitrogen distribution and local systems for different experimental gases but upgrades do frequently occur. Your main work task is to take care these systems in compliance with the regulatory and legislative framework.
Your main work tasks will be
- Tasks related to the design and construction of the system (selecting process equipment and instrumentation)
- Supporting commissioning and start-up
- Operations (including maintaining a suitable Alarm handling system)
- Maintenance (developing procedures, plans and spare parts list)
- Monitoring, analysis and trouble-shooting of equipment performances, in order to continuously improve efficiency, reliability and operability of the systems.
- Documentation management (including design and development of accurate process engineering documents such as PFDs and P&IDs, relief devices, piping models, equipment specification)
But also actively participating in:
- MAX IV projects as lead process engineer
- Risk assessments (ex. PHAs, HAZOPs and LOPAs) and designate instrumented safety functions
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- University degree in Chemical- Process- or Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- Minimum 5 Years of Working experience in process safety/pressurized systems design and/or operation
- Ability to work in collaborative and international work environment
- Cryogenic experience
Below are seen as merits
- Basic knowledge of process control logic, PLCs, interlocks, and PLC programing
- Basic knowledge of the functional safety standard IEC 61511
- Understanding of chemical reactions and material interactions is desirable
- Proficiency in any CAD software
- Understanding of process safety management, inherently safe design, and best practices in the design hazardous gas processes
- Knowledge of PED Pressurized Equipment directive
As a person you must have the ability to cooperate, take initiatives, and be flexible, structured, and quality conscious. You must be fluent in English both spoken and written.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world of front edge science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientist from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||30.Jan.2022 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.