ALBA is the national synchrotron light source, a large research infrastructure based on an electron synchrotron, ten operating beamlines, three more under construction, and complementary facilities. The light produced by 3 GeV electrons is used by thousands of researchers to analyze and understand the properties of matter, covering a huge variety of fields, as health, energy production and storage, environmental problems, communication technologies, cultural heritage.
ALBA faces the post-corona era starting-up the evolution towards the 4th generation, which will produce a more brilliant and coherent source, new beamlines, advanced data analytics, all together enhancing the facility capacities of providing answers to societal challenges.
Located in Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona, Spain), it is funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement).
ALBA is a perfect spot to promote your professional career: international atmosphere, highly motivated staff, multidisciplinary environment and located in a natural park, well connected by car and public transport.
This position is reserved for those candidates having the legal status of persons with disabilities with a degree of disability equal or greater than 33%. If there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements of the position, the rest of the applicants without declared disability will be evaluated.
To become a mechanical Project Engineer to develop, design, mechanical and electromechanical Synchrotron and accelerator equipment, components and instrumentation for ALBA complex of accelerators and its beam lines. This includes all equipment project phases from initial specifications to final construction commissioning and delivering already working system. In detail this functions may include:
• Develop the technical design studies and conceptual mechanical designs of accelerator and beam lines instrumentation and equipment.
• Develop the integration of the equipment’s or instruments to the Synchrotron facility.
• Develop the production of lay-out drawings these equipment.
• Develop the production technical specifications and costs estimations and/or technical specifications for tendering processes.
• Develop the detailed set of production drawings and the production of associated drawings to the technical specifications,
• Project follow-up and follow up the tendering process.
• Production follow-up: assembly, adjustment, installation, test and commissioning of the designed equipment’s and components.
Subsequently, functions will include:
• Develop mechanical equipment and instrumentation projects from design to construction.
• Follow up in the prototype construction: production, mounting, assembly, test and commissioning and delivering.
• Supervise the installation of equipment in test facilities
University degree in Industrial Engineering with mechanical or electromechanical engineering specialty, or equivalent.
Experience and knowledge
• More than 2 years experience in design and construction of equipment in some of the following fields, special machinery, robotics, electromechanical components, mechanisms, structures, boilers.
• Experience in the design and implementation of basic beam line, front end components, and accelerator components will be appreciated.
• Experience in 3D CAD and CAE mechanical applications, and project follow up and documentation management.
• Management, design and production of project documentation.
• Experience in mechanical design, instrumentation, mechanisms, machinery or robotics will be appreciated.
• Adaptability to an international and multidisciplinary environment.
• Sense of responsibility and demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Good knowledge of either English, Spanish or Catalan; basic knowledge of the other languages or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.