ALBA is the national synchrotron light source, a large research infrastructure based on an electron synchrotron, ten operating beamlines, three more under construction, and complementary facilities. The light produced by 3 GeV electrons is used by thousands of researchers to analyze and understand the properties of matter, covering a huge variety of fields, as health, energy production and storage, environmental problems, communication technologies, cultural heritage.
ALBA is facing the evolution towards the 4th generation, which will produce a more brilliant and coherent source, new beamlines, advanced data analytics, all together enhancing the facility capacities of providing answers to societal challenges.
Located in Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona, Spain), it is funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement).
To become a R&D mechanical Project Engineer to design and develop, mechanical and electromechanical set ups aimed to proof new concepts for high accuracy positioning devices including on-line metrology feedback loops. This will include the assembly of opto-mechanical components and its characterization together with its optics by means of optical metrology. All typical project phases will be included: from initial specifications to final construction, commissioning and characterization as well as the analysis of the measured results.
In detail these functions would comprise the development of the technical design studies and conceptual mechanical designs of accelerator and beamlines instrumentation and equipment, including the preparation of R&D oriented mechanical prototype set ups provided with online metrology loops. These developments would produce a detailed production folder and could include technical specifications for call for tenders. Different tasks to cover this general function would be:
o Project follow up and follow up of the tendering process when applicable.
o Production follow-up: assembly, adjustment, installation, test and commissioning of the designed equipment and its components.
o Assembly, adjustment and commissioning of the experimental test set ups. Generation of test reports and results analysis.
o Assembly, adjustment and commissioning of optomechanical components and characterization of the optics by means optical metrology. Generation of test reports and results analysis.
o Perform all the characterization and test study of the on-line metrology experimental prototypes and document all the results including standalone X-Ray optical components.
University degree in Industrial Engineering with mechanical or electromechanical engineering specialty, mechatronics, or equivalent.
Experience, knowledge and skills
• More than 2 years of experience in design and construction of equipment in some of the following fields: special machinery, robotics, opto-mechnaics, electromechanical components, mechanisms, structures, boilers.
• Experience in mechanical assembly, tests and commissioning will be appreciated.
• Experience in 3D CAD and CAE mechanical applications, and project follow up and documentation management.
• Management, design and production of project documentation.
• Adaptability to an international and multidisciplinary environment.
• Sense of responsibility and demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Good knowledge of either English, Spanish or Catalan; basic knowledge of the other languages or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
This position is funded by the Horizon 2020 LEAPS-INNOV project under grant agreement No. 101004728.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.