CELLS is a consortium whose aim is the management of the economical, technical and administrative collaboration of the entities being part of the consortium, Ministerio de Ciéncia i Tecnología and Generalitat de Catalunya. The object of the collaboration is the construction, equipping and exploitation of the Synchrotron Radiation Light Source Laboratory sited in the area of Vallés Occidental.
CELLS consortium is constructing and exploiting the ALBA synchrotron facility to generate x-rays for basic and applied research. The facility, which located near Barcelona, includes a 3-GeV, low-emittance storage ring running in top-up mode, which feeds an intense photon beams to a number of beamlines. These are placed tangentially to the storage ring and hold the experimental facilities. The facility comprises a 268.8m circumference 3 GeV electron storage ring, injected from a 100 MeV Linac, (linear accelerator) through a full energy 249.6 m booster synchrotron and eight fully operated beamlines.
Following the first eight beamlines, already in operation, ALBA is now facing the construction of five new beamlines. MINERVA is one of these new beamlines, and it is aimed to x-rays optical metrology, for the production of a new optical instrument.
This position is reserved for those candidates having the legal status of persons with disabilities with a degree of disability equal or greater than 33%. If there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements of the position, the rest of the applicants without declared disability will be evaluated.
To become a mechanical Project Engineer to develop mechanical and electromechanical Synchrotron and accelerator equipment, components and instrumentation for ALBA complex of accelerators and its beam lines. This includes all equipment development project phases from initial specifications to final construction commissioning and delivery of working system. In detail this functions may include:
- Develop the technical design studies and conceptual mechanical designs of accelerator and beam lines instrumentation and equipment.
- Develop the integration of the equipment’s or instruments to the Synchrotron facility.
- Develop the production of lay-out drawings these equipment.
- Develop the production technical specifications and costs estimations and/or technical specifications for tendering processes.
- Develop the detailed set of production drawings and the production of associated drawings to the technical specifications,
- Project follow-up and follow up the tendering process.
- Production follow-up: assembly, adjustment, installation, test and commissioning of the designed equipment’s and components.
Subsequently, functions will include:
- Develop mechanical equipment and instrumentation projects from design to construction.
- Follow up in the prototype construction: production, mounting, assembly, test and commissioning and delivering.
- Supervise the installation of equipment in test facilities.
Master degree in Industrial Engineering with mechanical or electromechanical engineering specialty, or equivalent.
Experience and knowledge
- More than 1 year experience in design and construction of equipment in some of the following fields, special machinery, robotics, electromechanical components, mechanisms, structures, boilers, aerospace.
- Experience in 3D CAD and CAE mechanical applications, and project follow up and documentation management.
- Management, design and production of project documentation.
- Adaptability to an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- Sense of responsibility and demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Good knowledge of either English, Spanish or Catalan; basic knowledge of the other languages or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
- Experience in the design and implementation of basic beam line, front end components, and accelerator components will be appreciated.
- Experience in mechanical design, instrumentation, mechanisms, machinery or robotics will be appreciated.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.