The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
In the framework of the international fellowship program with the acronym: “PSI-FELLOW-II-3i”, the PSI is inviting experienced researchers (Postdocs) from all over the world to submit their applications for research positions that are part of our new postdoctoral program. Our “3i or triple i” postdoctoral program offers unique opportunities for scientific and career development with international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral prospects. Our postdoctoral program is a Horizon2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action (grant agreement 701647).
Within the framework of our new PSI-FELLOW-II-3i Program, we are looking for PSI-FELLOW-II-3i / Postdoctoral Fellows
The main task will be to conduct innovative research in the context of a proposed research project and to work in a collegial and cooperative manner with superiors, supervisors and other team members. As an independent thinker you will assume primary responsibility for the development of your research and career while keeping in mind that your hard work and openness to interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral opportunities will contribute to the strengthening of the research capacity of the PSI. An active role in seeking career and research advice and in participation of opportunities for career development and reviewing processes will be valued. Communication of results at meetings, conferences, etc. and through high-impact publications is integral to your development as scientist at the PSI.
The following requirements must be met:
- PhD degree in one of the PSI related scientific fields
- Publication record: at least one original accepted first author publication in press or published in a peer-reviewed journal
- Eligibility criterion in terms of Mobility: Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date (i.e., start of the employment contract). Compulsory national service and/or short stay, such as holidays, are not taken into account. The program is open for candidates from Member States, associated or third countries. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully: https://www.psi.ch/psi-fellow/eligibility-criteria
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
You are supposed to make your application jointly with your host who must be a PSI senior scientist who will act as your principle investigator (PI). Please study the application concept
Please submit your application online for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow and by following the instructions below for the upload of your completed templates:
- Where it says “upload application letter”, please upload for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow the following completed templates (forms): Form A01 (Personal data), Form A02 (CV template) and Form A04 (two reference letters, separately).
- Where it says “upload resume”, please upload Form A03 (research proposal template) and Form A05 (ethical issues guidelines) compiled as one single PDF document.
- Where is says “upload additional documents”, any other documents such as certificates and diplomas could be uploaded. Please upload your PhD certificate here.
The deadline for applications is on 30 November 2018, 24:00 CET.
For further information about our program, please contact the Program Management Unit of the PSI-FELLOW-II-3i program at firstname.lastname@example.org