Context & Job description
In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, significant efforts are also being injected into developing, integrating and supporting simulation tools for virtual experiments on synchrotron experimental stations (beamlines). The performances of the new and existing beamlines are modelled in order to optimise them for the forthcoming Extremely Brilliant Source (EBS), with its unprecedented characteristics. In this context, the OASYS (OrAnge SYnchrotron Suite), software suite, based on Python, has been created. The ESRF is currently looking for a full-stack Python developer to reinforce the international OASYS developers team, working in close collaboration with the authors of modules and libraries used by OASYS.
As a proficient Python software engineer, you are expected to contribute to all OASYS sub-packages and integrate them in an automated cycle of continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
The main missions of this post will be to:
- Take care of OASYS installation, packaging, distribution and user support
- Expose OASYS world-wide (web site, documentation, tutorials)
- Refactor some OASYS code following general programming standards
- Extend OASYS functionality by integrating new modules
- Implement, test, and optimize calculations using parallel and remote computing
- Support OASYS in the cloud for accessing workspaces and launching remote computing jobs
- Support the OASYS suite in Linux, Windows and Mac OS
As part of the European project PaNOSC, the mission also requires to collaborate with the other partners of the project and to report and present significant advances.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma worth at least 300 ECTS) in Computing Science, Software Engineering or related area
- 3 to 8 years of professional experience in software development
- Strong skills in object-oriented software management specifically in Python
- Demonstrable experience in software development using Python and its environment
- Working experience with Git revision control system and knowledge of Windows, Debian, Qt, pypi, MPI
- Team spirit, curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with people of different domains such as physicists, electronics and software engineers in a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 34 – 44 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.