Reference No.: BE 2021/5
With BESSY II, the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) operates one of the world’s most advanced synchrotron radiation sources in the VUV and soft X-ray range and is developing technologies for future accelerator facilities. Electrons are accelerated in high-frequency resonators fed by powerful transmitter systems in the UHF, L or S band. High-precision high-frequency amplitude and phase controls ensure stable conditions for the accelerator process. We are looking for a high frequency engineer for the construction, operation and maintenance of HF transmission systems at our electron accelerator. Exciting and varied tasks await you in a friendly team!
- Development, installation, operation and maintenance of the high-frequency systems, in particular their PLC-based controls, at the existing and future accelerator facilities
- Metrological analysis of fault conditions
- Specification and test of high-frequency components
- Support of the accelerator operation team in high-frequency related issues
- Degree in electrical engineering (FH or BA) with focus on automation technology or communications engineering
- Expert knowledge in analog and digital electronics and high frequency technology
- Ability to work independently and on your own responsibility
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
What we offer you
- the work in a renowned research institution,
- the vision of contributing to the development of renewable energies, energy storage and the latest technologies for a climate-friendly future,
- a secure job, independent of crises,
- flexible working hours and mobile working,
- health management and company sports,
- internal and external training opportunities,
- a company pension scheme (VBL),
- and a team that is looking forward to meeting you!
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to disabled applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 30.06.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.