|Job Title||Radio Frequency Technician|
|Post Type||Full time / Permanent|
|Salary information||£25,499 to £29,999 (Discretionary range to £34,499)|
This role will support the Radio Frequency (RF) Group with testing of components, manufacture of cables and equipment, maintenance, design and development, collection and presentation of data analysis.
- Contribute to the overall work of the RF Group with particular responsibility for certain aspects of the RF systems, including; Ensuring that a good supply of RF connectors, splitters, cables and other RF components are available and in good condition; Characterisation and calibration of a variety of RF components; General spares holding and stock check of all components; Manufacture and assembly of test equipment and auxiliary systems;
- Responsible for providing Operating instructions and training as requested by Group Leader or line manager but including systems assembled and tested in 1 above;
- Contribute to the general commissioning, system calibration, system set-up and other studies related to the RF systems;
- Assist in the drawing up of manufacturing and test specifications;
- Assist in the design and build of ‘in house’ test equipment;
- Assist in the development of RF equipment as required;
- Work closely with other members of the RF Group on RF, electrical and mechanical areas and projects;
- Supervision of procurement contracts including witnessing of factory tests;
- Supervision of Contractors and Technicians;
- To carry out additional tasks and responsibilities as nominated by the Line Manager or Group Leader subject to appropriate knowledge, experience and training;
- Comply with, and where appropriate contribute to the development of, Diamond Health and Safety procedures and policies;
- Contribute/Responsible for ensuring safe working practices, relating to the maintenance and operation of the amplifier systems. This includes developing procedures and monitoring that people are working safely;
- Flexible approach to the working conditions, working hours and environment.
Where appropriate for the role, we will consider flexible working arrangements and secondment opportunities (e.g. for fixed-term contract positions).
Diamond are members of the Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion and we have achieved the Athena SWAN Bronze award and the Disability Confident frameworks. Women are underrepresented and so we particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified women. If you are disabled and would like to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please let us know via the online application process.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.