Section: RF & Linac
Reference: ACE1802 RF
Deadline: 30 June 2018
ALBA is an operating 3 GeV synchrotron light source located in Cerdanyola del Valles.
CELLS is the consortium responsible for its exploitation.
The accelerator complex at ALBA consists of a 100 MeV Linac, a 3 GeV booster and a 3 GeV storage ring. There are 8 operating beamlines.
CELLS is looking for an Technical Engineer, or similar experience, for the radiofrequency (RF) group.
Support in the development of the functions of the RF group for the improvement of the reliability of the ALBA accelerators RF transmitters.
The key functions of the RF group are as follows, for the three accelerators of ALBA (Linac, the booster and storage ring):
- Operation, maintenance and improvements of the RF systems.
- Operation, maintenance and improvements of the RF laboratories
- Analogue and digital electronic designs, assembly and tests
- Operation of the ALBA accelerators, including shifts and on-call.
In due course and depending on the development of the accelerators and project requirements the candidate will be expected to take up work as defined by the Division Head.
- Long term temporal contract with a probation period of 6 months
- Salary depending on qualifications and experience
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Grade of Engineering or Superior Grade Formation (CFGS) with relevant experience.
- Available to work on shifts and to be on-call during operations.
The following experience and knowledge will be evaluated for the position, but young graduates with non-experience will be also considered:
- Experience in radiofrequency systems
- Experience in electronics.
- Experience in accelerators
- Experience in Quality control methods
- Knowledge and practical experience in measurement devices as oscilloscopes, network and spectrum analysers, in the radio frequency band.
- Good interpersonal, communication and people working skills.
- Good command in English language.
This contract is co-funded by European Regional Development Funds (ERFD) within the framework of the Operative Program of Catalonia 2014-2020.
To apply for this job please visit intranet.cells.es.