- Ref.: COD/MECA
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 36-48K€
- Contract duration: 36 months maximum
Context & Job description
The Instrumentation Services and Development Division (ISDD) of the ESRF develops various types of functionally complex scientific instrumentation such as high precision positioning systems and the corresponding control equipment and software. To meet the high demands of the experimental stations (beamlines), advanced control techniques running on real-time systems are needed.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Select, modify or develop, and provide support for, a development framework for real-time applications
- Develop and maintain real-time software for scientific instruments
- Develop calibration and test applications to be used in a laboratory environment
- Advise and assist other members of the institute in the selection and usage of software tools related to real-time control
You will work closely with engineers from different fields of activity as mechanics, electronics and software. You are also expected to participate in collaboration projects with other laboratories, academic and industrial partners at an international level.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in software engineering or a related discipline.
- A genuine interest in scientific instrumentation software and related techniques
- A minimum of 3 years of professional activity in the field
- Excellent programming skills, particularly in MATLAB & Simulink, Python and C languages as well as experience with software development and documentation tools in Linux environments
- Skills in advanced control technics
- Any of these additional skills would also be an asset:
- Familiarity with embedded system programming techniques and tools,
- Experience developing test software including user interfaces, graphical or command line,
- Project management, preferably in instrumentation related projects,
- Good understanding of Linux, with some insight of its configuration and internals
- Good documentation, organisation and analytical skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.