Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
SAM (survey, alignment and mechanical stability) is a team within the engineering groups, responsible for providing support for the accelerators and the beamlines within the survey, alignment and mechanical stability fields.
Working in SAM provides the opportunity to collaborate with different teams within the entire facility.
We are looking for an engineer with education and experience in engineering or land surveying related fields. As a SAM team member, you will apply technical, mathematical and computer related knowledge and skills to complete survey, alignment and mechanical stability tasks for the accelerator and the beamlines.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and apply know-how in alignment, survey and mechanical stability.
- Provide support throughout the lifetime of MAX IV projects, from design to maintenance, in which you provide the needed support in alignment, survey and stability, as per request and alignment standards.
- Carry out periodic measurements as per the need for the survey of MAX IV accelerators and beamlines. In addition, apply corrections if needed.
- Work closely and actively with MAX IV personnel and users, understand their need and translate them into working tasks for the SAM team.
- Procurement of items needed for the daily work of the SAM team.
- Keep a maintenance program for the instruments and keep the storage for alignment components under control.
- University degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering or geomatics engineering or related fields.
- Good command in English.
- Flexible, performance oriented, have the ability to cooperate, service minded and structured.
- At least one-year experience in precision alignment, mechanical stability or a closely related field.
- Hands-on experience in surveying or alignment, working with coordinate measurement instruments such as CMM, Laser tracker, theodolite, etc.
- Experience in land surveying.
- Experience in mechanical stability / vibration.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD, mechanical design and precision mechanics.
- Hands-on experience in measuring mechanical vibrations using eg seismometers, accelerometers, vibrometers, etc.
- Experience in survey, alignment and metrology related to particle accelerators
Probation period may apply.
The interviews for this position are planned for weeks 18/19 and 20-22.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||07.Apr.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.