Lunds universitet, MAX IV, MX group
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
This position is centered to support the BioMAX beamline operation on a technical level for up to 6 months. The following specific work tasks are associated with this:
- Participation in the commissioning of the beamline and end-station
- Shared responsibilities for operation, maintenance and further development of the beamline in close collaboration with the team of scientists and engineers of the MX-group and MAX IV staff
- Shared responsibility for the support of external users during their experimental beam time
- Contribution to the design, the purchase and the installation of new beamline and experimental station components in order to ensure the availability of a competitive and reliable beamline environment
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Solid experience in the operation and maintenance of complex scientific equipment in particular such equipment that is of relevance for BioMAX.
- Solid knowledge and experiences in instrumentation controls hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
- Very good communication and team working skills.
The following qualifications are considered as merits:
- Experience in the design, commissioning, and of use x-ray hardware.
- Experience with programming / interfacing of hardware.
- Experience with vacuum and cryogenics technologies.
- Interest and experience in scientific use of techniques of interest for BioMAX (i.e. experiments, data analysis, publication / presentation of results).
- Experience with support of user groups at a synchrotron radiation facility or a similar user-oriented research facility.
The position opens an opportunity to gain first insights into the work at a large scale facility like the MAX IV storage ring. The daily work is handling various interesting technical aspects from vacuum technology, electromechanical control systems, robotics, computer science, cryogenics and many other. Team work within an international team of staff employees and external collaborators including companies and scientific users is crucial for this work.
The candidate shall be open to work off-hour working hours including weekends and contribute to the on-call system of BioMAX.
|Type of employment||Temporary position 3-6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As agreed|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||03.May.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.