Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Safety
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
We are looking for a new team member to join the Safety Group at MAX IV Laboratory.
As the successful candidate, you have working experience with user experiments and experimental safety from a large scale facility, such as a synchrotron light facility or neutron facility.
The candidate will be working with experimental safety with focus on:
– Development and implementation of routines and tools in order to create an environment where complex technical and scientific projects can be executed in a safe way.
– Be responsible for experimental safety at beamlines and for user experiments, and to make sure that experiments are conducted in a safe way.
– Give support to staff and users in doing risk assessments when working with chemicals, and handling of gases.
– Participate in development of projects and making them safe and compliant with laws and regulations.
The successful candidate has the following qualifications:
– PhD degree in Chemistry or other subject of relevance for the position.
– Documented working experience as staff member from a synchrotron light facility or a neutron facility.
– Documented experience with experiments at beamlines or scientific instruments.
– Documented experience in dealing with safety related matters associated with high risk experiments, involving work with a wide range of hazardous materials.
– Documented experience in preparing risk assessments.
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||19.Aug.2018 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.