Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Diffraction & Scattering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The ForMAX beamline is designed for multiscale structural characterization of materials from macroscopic to molecular length scales, by combining x-ray microtomography with small- and wide-angle x-ray scattering (SWAXS). A particular focus will be the development of new materials and specialty chemicals from forest raw material, contributing towards our transition to a sustainable, bio-based economy.
We are now looking for a research engineer with responsibility of defining, planning, and implementing engineering projects for the ForMAX beamline.
The tasks include
During construction and commissioning phases:
- Contribute to the detailed design and engineering of the experimental station
- Plan and take part in the installation of the x-ray optics and the experimental station
- Take part in commissioning of the beamline
During operations phase:
- Partake in the design, integration, and commissioning of sample environments
- Share responsibility for operation, maintenance, and further development of the beamline, together with the rest of the ForMAX team
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- PhD or engineering degree in a relevant subject
- Documented experience in managing instrumentation projects
- Knowledgeable in mechanical engineering
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Strong social and communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
The following qualifications are considered a merit:
- Experience in design/procurement/construction and/or maintenance of complex scientific instrumentation, in particular synchrotron radiation instrumentation
- Knowledgeable in 3D-CAD/CAM software
- Experience in microtomography and/or SWAXS
- Previous work experience at a research facility
This is a permanent employment. Probational period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||31.Oct.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.