Lunds universitet, MAX IV, BO
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The Beamline Office is a group within the Science Division at MAX IV that consists of three different teams with different tasks and responsibilities. This position is within the optics team that is supporting the beamlines with questions related to X-ray optics, Beamline Front Ends and X-ray diagnostics.
Would you like to work at the brightest lightsource in the world?
MAX IV are looking for a Research Engineer that will strengthen the optics team with expertise related to Beamline Front end and X-ray diagnostics systems.
Your main work tasks will be
- Plan and partake in the installation, commissioning, maintenance and support activities of the Front End units in collaboration with the team and other support functions at MAX IV.
- Take part in the detailed design and engineering of the front ends, in collaboration with suppliers and the MAX IV Engineering group.
- Collaboration with the X-ray Optics team to continually improve beam delivery and stability to the experiment and innovate new methods to achieve these goals.
- Create and maintain documentation.
Additional tasks depending on your experience
- Support beamlines with expertise regarding different X-ray diagnostics systems.
- Develop the monitoring systems in the front ends to increase beam stability.
- Present technical presentations at national and international workshops and conferences.
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- A PhD within a relevant field or you have obtained the corresponding knowledge by combining e.g. a Master in Engineering with several years of working within this field.
- Demonstrated experience with Beamline components and control systems at synchrotron radiation sources, or similar facilities.
- Experience in managing complex technical projects in all stages: i.e. planning, design, construction, procurement, commissioning, operation & maintenance.
- Working knowledge of 3D-CAD/CAM software.
- Excellent command of English, well-developed communication skills and team working skills
Below are seen as merits
- Experience in developing and implementing photon diagnostics for synchrotron or FEL beamlines.
- Experience in procurement processes and good negotiation skills.
- Experience and willingness to be involved in the practical aspects of installation and commissioning of relevant systems.
- Understanding of design principles for mitigating heat load and scatter from intense x-ray sources in a Ultra-High-Vacuum environment.
- Working knowledge of computational analysis tools e.g. numerical programming, finite element analysis, raytracing
You have a demonstrated ability to work independently, being service minded, take the initiative as well as having the ability to cooperate with different teams and functions.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world of state-of-the-art science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientists from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||25.Apr.2021 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.