Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Diffraction & Scattering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
We are looking for a research engineer to strengthen the IT skills within the ForMAX team during installation and commissioning phases. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the Controls and IT group (KITS) and other beamline teams at MAX IV.
The tasks include:
- Lead the development and implementation of data acquisition strategies (detectors’ data stream, preprocessing, live view, data and meta storage).
- Develop advanced data collection schemes (on-the-fly scans, semi-simultaneous SAXS/WAXS and microtomography experiments).
- Integrate sample environment controls.
- Deliver solutions in a timely and well documented manner, adopting strategies and software methodologies already in place within the KITS group.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Computer programming skills, with documented experience of programming Python, Matlab, Java, C/C++, or GUIs.
- Documented experience of automation and control of, for example, sample environments.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
The following qualifications are considered a merit:
- Past synchrotron experience
- Experience in SAXS/WAXS or microtomography.
- Documented experience of:
- Software development for scientific purposes.
- Experience with the Sardana software suite.
- Image processing and 2D detectors.
- Data storage and distributed file systems.
- Parallel computing such as OpenCL, GPU or FPGA.
This is a two-year temporary employment.
|Type of employment||Visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||05.May.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.