Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
The SPB/SFX team and the Data Analysis group are looking for a
Researcher for Data Analysis at SPB/SFX (f/m/d)
- Work with SPB/SFX instrument scientists and the Data Analysis group to develop analysis solutions applicable to the broad portfolio of techniques offered by SPB/SFX, and chiefly coherent scattering and serial femtosecond crystallography.
- Collaborate with external research groups for the development and integration of widely used data analysis packages.
- Provide support to user groups for processing experimental data collected at SPB/SFX.
- Produce and contribute to software documentation and scientific publications.
- PhD in Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience of data analysis at large scale facilities, in particular of experimental techniques like single particle imaging, X-ray diffraction and crystallography.
- At least 3 years experience in programming in a scientific context.
- Good knowledge of Python and at least one other programming language.
- Experience in the development of mathematical methods for data analysis, numerical solutions and simulations for large scale and complex problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong oral and written English skills (language of work is English).
- Willingness to undertake shift work.
For additional information, please contact Adrian Mancuso (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket as well as our brand-new Company restaurant “BeamStop”. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is permanent.
06 September 2022
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.