Job Number: 2019-51
Department: Accelerator Operations and Development
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job Type: Full Time
Canadian Light Source Inc. (CLSI) is Canada’s national synchrotron research facility located on the University of Saskatchewan campus in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This facility produces high-intensity synchrotron light, millions of times brighter than sunlight, to explore the nature and structure of molecules and serves national and international users from academia, industry, and government institutions. The CLS facilitates scientific research aimed at finding solutions for global challenges in agriculture, health, advanced materials, and the environment.
The CLSI is now accepting applications to fill the position of RF Engineer/Accelerator Physicist within our Accelerator Operations and Development department.
- As a member of the RF and HV team, the successful candidate will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and operation of the RF and HV systems.
- Undertake own work assignments, using specialized technical and design knowledge and abilities as and where required.
- Work with project leads and other CLS staff to achieve CLS objectives and project goals.
- Work closely with the RF and HV team to develop expertise in the field and undertake system ownership and responsibility.
- Develop low-level and high-power RF system expertise and work on system upgrade projects.
- As a part of the AOD member, you will also be required to do shift work for development of the accelerator systems and assist with troubleshooting trips or system issues.
- Represent CLS in the accelerator community and develop work relationship with vendors and RF groups at other labs.
- Provide technical leadership in design and operation of accelerator systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Knowledge of RF system design and operation.
- 3-5 years of technical experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills are a requirement in order to work effectively as a team player.
- The candidate must be proficient in both written and spoken English and capable of communicating effectively.
- Successful candidate will be required and supported by CLS to get professional designation in due course from APEGS.
The following will be considered an asset:
- A professional designation.
- Knowledge of high-power RF systems and high voltage systems.
- Experience with low-level RF system.
- Knowledge/experience in working on a particle accelerator.
- Practical experience with running linear accelerator.
- Experience with CST studio or equivalent.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including supplemental health & dental, health spending account, life insurance, pension plan, and four weeks’ vacation is part of a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume, along with references, in confidence, online at www.lightsource.ca/careers. Applications will be considered as of October 28, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canadian Light Source Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of designated groups (women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and visible minorities) to self-identify on their applications).
To apply for this job please visit www.northstarats.com.