ALBA is a 3 GeV synchrotron light source, in operation in Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain.
The consortium CELLS is responsible of its operation, maintenance, and upgrades. The accelerators complex consists in a LINAC at 100 MeV, a Booster up to 3 GeV and the Storage Ring at 3 GeV. In the Storage Ring the synchrotron radiation is produced and is used in the actual 8 operative beamlines. Five more beamlines are under construction.
CELLS is looking for an experienced RF scientist or engineer, with experience in RF system for accelerators, to lead the RF Group of ALBA.
The key functions of the post are as follows, for the accelerators of ALBA:
- Lead the RF group under the RF&Linac Section Head.
- Operation, maintenance and improvements of the RF systems.
- Coordination of the Control System for the RF systems.
- Operation of the ALBA accelerators, including shifts and on-call.
In due course and depending on the development of the accelerators and project requirements the candidate will be expected to take up work as defined by the Division Head.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate branch of Physics or Engineering.
- 5 years or more experience in RF systems.
- Experience in accelerators.
- Experience in project management and workers supervision.
Experience and Knowledge.
The following experience and knowledge, will be evaluated:
- Knowledge and experience in Low Level RF control system, digital hardware, and HVDL firmware programming.
- Knowledge and experience in RF cavities for accelerators.
- Knowledge and experience in High Power Solid State Amplifiers.
- Knowledge in electromagnetic simulations software (CST, HFSS or others)
- Knowledge and practical experience in RF measurement devices as oscilloscopes, network and spectrum analysers, in the radio frequency band.
- Experience in tender specifications definition and evaluation.
- International experience.
- Good interpersonal, communication and people working skills.
- Available to travel, including occasional periods away from home.
- Available to work on 24/7 shifts, and perform on-call duties.
- Good command in English,
- Knowledge of Spanish or Catalan languages.
- Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
- Permanent contract.
Interview: it will be verified that the requirements that have been considered compulsories to participate in the selection process are met.
The knowledge and work experience in relation to the functions of the position will be evaluated.
The adequacy and progression capacity of the applicant, together with their personal skills, their attitude and their commitment, will be evaluated.
Note: this place is reserved for those who have the legal status of people with disabilities with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In the event that there are no applicants with disabilities who comply the compulsory requirements, the rest of applicants without declared disabilities will be evaluated.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.