European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
To support our HED group and the HIBEF user consortium, we are now looking for a
Scientific & Administrative Assistant (f/m/d)
- Support the operation of the scientific instrument HED and its lead scientist through overseeing the group’s administrative, organizational and financial matters, especially related to the HIBEF user consortium
- Acting as interface to the administration regarding all questions related to the HIBEF user consortium, incl. budget control, reporting and beam-time related activities
- Organization of meetings incl. agenda, minutes, follow-up communication and filing of meeting outcomes, involving external scientists as well as organization of group events, such as retreats and team-building functions
- Organization of high level visits of distinguished scientists, including travel agendas and on-site scheduling
- Ordering of materials and components
- Proof-reading documentation, including scientific papers, in both English and German
- Maintain and organize digital documentation (including using wikis, document management software, spreadsheets and more)
- Curate, advise and instruct team members in the use of key documentation software, such as Alfresco, Redmine, Confluence and LaTeX
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in physics, chemistry or related science field or comparable experience with working in a scientific environment
- Strong project management competences
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and the ability to work in a multi-lingual, multidisciplinary team
- Open minded, obliging and assertive personality
For additional information, please contact Ulf Zastrau (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: A-163
Duration: The appointment is initially limited to 3 years, an extension is possible.
Deadline: 02 December 2020
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.