DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centers. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The group machine power, cooling air, conditioning – Technical Infrastructure (MKK-TI) operates the energy supply at DESY. This includes electrical networks and systems, water cooling for the accelerators, the precision air conditioning of the measuring and laboratory rooms, the heating and ventilation of the buildings as well as the construction and operation of laboratory buildings.
DESY is looking for a responsible leader for planning, procurement and operation of the technical infrastructure. This includes the power, cooling water, compressed air, well water, air conditioning, ventilation, heat supply systems, building management systems and the energy monitoring systems.
- Leading a team of approximately 80 people in the field of technical infrastructure
- Coordination of the operation of the technical infrastructure
- Consultation on new research projects and laboratory facilities
- Coordination and monitoring of resulting projects
- Coordination of resources in terms of budget and personnel
- Supervision of the RZBau procedure (guideline for grant construction) from planning, supplements, final invoices including documented evidence of the application of funds
- Client representation to external companies and external service providers
- Ensuring legally compliant operation and occupational safety
- Completed academic degree (master or equivalent) specialized in electrical energy supply, supply engineering or equivalent experiences
- Good experience in the operation of energy supply systems, water cooling systems, ventilation and heating systems
- Experience as a client representative in the handling of the technical infrastructure of building and laboratory buildings
- Experience in the construction of accelerators will be of advantage
- Experience in personnel management and in project management
- Good English knowledge
For technical questions do not hesitate to contact Hans-Jörg Eckoldt at +49 40 8998-2430.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: MMA036/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.