Lunds universitet, MAX IV
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
FemtoMAX is an ultrafast beamline on the Short Pulse Facility (SPF) at MAX IV, utilizing femtosecond time-resolved X-ray techniques to enable studies of the structural dynamics of materials. You will join a team of scientists and research engineers who are developing the capabilities and performance of the beamline which is currently within its commissioning phase of development. We are looking for highly motivated scientists to complement our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Contributing to the development of the MAX IV FemtoMAX beamline, including:
o helping with the commissioning of FemtoMAX
o being part of a research team carrying out experiments using femtosecond time-resolved X-ray techniques
o developing the capabilities and performance of the beamline
– Carry out own research program in line with the commissioning needs of FemtoMAX. (i.e. THz generation, Pump-probe X-ray scattering, materials science)
– Provide user support (in particular in Scattering experiments)
– A PhD degree in a relevant subject (Physics, Chemistry or similar degree)
– Experience in using ultrafast X-ray sources
– Documented experience in pump and probe studies
– Experience in working with hard X-rays
– Research experience in fields of relevance to the user program at FemtoMAX
– Documented track-record of using femtosecond lasers and short-pulse technology
– Documented track-record in carrying out pump-probe experiments at large-scale X-ray facilities
– Demonstrated computing programming skills
– Excellent command of English (both written and oral)
– Ability to work independently and in small teams
Any other Relevant Information
You must expect to perform some work out of normal working hours, including weekends, during MAX IV operation cycles. There will be occasional requirements to travel within the Sweden and overseas.
Recommendation letters will be important to verify the care and skill of the candidate. First round interviews will be held in October.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||30.Sep.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.