Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Diffraction & Scattering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
We are looking for a scientist to assist with development and commissioning of the FemtoMAX beamline. FemtoMAX is an ultrafast beamline on the Short Pulse Facility (SPF) at MAX IV, utilizing ultrafast X-ray techniques to enable studies of the structural dynamics of materials. You will be part of a team developing the capabilities and performance of the beamline which is currently within its commissioning phase of development. Your responsibilities will include providing user support, in particular, in the scientific areas of low density matter (LDM) and atomic, molecular and optical (AMO) science, and to maintain the laser systems at FemtoMAX.
Your tasks will involve:
– Contributing to the development of the MAX IV FemtoMAX beamline, including:
o helping with the commissioning of FemtoMAX
o being part of a research team carrying out experiments using femtosecond
time- resolved X-ray techniques
o developing the capabilities and performance of the beamline
– Providing user support, in particular for:
o low density matter (LDM)
o atomic, molecular, optical (AMO) science
– Maintaining the laser systems at FemtoMAX, including:
o High-level tasks (for example, alignment)
o Necessary maintenance such as water and filter changes
o Training approved people in the operation of the laser systems
o Supervision of safe working practices
You will have the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry or similar degree
- Experience in using ultrafast X-ray sources
- Documented experience in pump and probe studies of atoms and molecules.
- Research experience in fields of relevance to the user program at FemtoMAX
- Knowledge of using femtosecond lasers and short-pulse technology
- Documented track-record of maintaining a laser system
- Experience of implementing laser safety regulations
- Demonstrated computing programming skills
- Excellent command of English, communication skills and team working skills
- Ability to work independently
The following are considered to be an asset:
- Experience in working with hard X-rays
- Knowledge of programming using Matlab and Python
Recommendation letters will be important to verify the care and skill of the candidate. First round interviews will be held in August.
A probationary period will apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||13.Aug.2018 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.