Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Spectroscopy
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The Balder beamline is dedicated to XAS and XES techniques with focus on in-situ chemistry/catalysis studies in energy range 2.4-40 keV. It is in commissioning phase and is expected to go into user operation from 2019.
We are now looking for a scientist with strong background and interest in hard X-ray synchrotron radiation instrumentation, preferably in X-ray absorption spectroscopy or X-ray emission spectroscopy. You are expected to lead the assembly and installation of instrumentation of the highly complex experimental station and participate in its commissioning. In the operations phase you will share responsibility for operation and user support, maintenance, and further development of the beamline. The user support involves contact with the users before, during and after their experiments in order to make sure that all necessary technical preparations and other prerequisites are in place for a successful experiment and data analysis. The nature of the participation in user support will depend on the interests and the profile of the successful candidate. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in research and development projects at the beamline with a very active Scandinavian user community and get own beam time share for in-house research projects as well as apply for user beamtime.
The successful candidate must have following qualifications:
- PhD in natural sciences or engineering subjects of relevance for hard X-ray beamlines and solid background in the techniques and technologies relevant for the Balder beamline: hard x-ray XAS and/or XES.
- Demonstrated experience in working at synchrotron radiation facilities preferably as beamline staff.
- Demonstrated practical experience of designing, developing, running, and maintaining equipment relevant for beamline measurements including sample environments, gas handling systems and detector systems.
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written, good communication skills, and good team working skills including also ability to work independently and plan your own time.
Merit will be given for the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated practical experience in techniques auxiliary to XAS/XES: XRD, IR, UV-vis, Raman etc.
- Computer literacy: expected skills include knowledge of Python and basics of Linux.
- User-level knowledge of control system architecture and software.
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||15.Sep.2018 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.