DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
With the storage ring PETRA III and the Free-Electron-Laser FLASH, DESY offers a unique combination of photon sources to the scientific community. PETRA III, one of the most brilliant hard X-ray facilities world wide, currently provides 23 undulator beamlines for experiments utilizing the extreme source brilliance. High-energy X-rays are a powerful tool for the characterisation of polycrystalline materials and are utilized at the P07 and P21 beamlines. Over the last decade, grain resolved diffraction techniques have been demonstrated and advanced instrumentation has been implemented. We are seeking a scientist for the implementation of data analysis and reconstruction software that will be used by both beamlines.
- Implementation of analysis software for grain-resolved diffraction techniques at beamlines P07 and P21.2
- Participation at experiments and familiarity with instrumentation
- Collaboration with international software development groups
- Software implementation and workflow based on the DESY computing infrastructure
- Documentation and demonstration of reconstruction of experimental data sets
- Ph.D. in physics, materials science, computer science or related fields
- Experience in the structured development and implementation of scientific software
- Familiarity with high-power computing concepts
- Experience with materials characterization by X-ray diffraction
- Excellent knowledge of English and teamwork abilities
For further information please contact Ulrich Lienert +49-40-8998-3165 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is limited to 2 years plus 2 years subject to the approval of additional project funds.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: FSMA029/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: 040 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 2020/06/07
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.