DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
DESY operates FLASH, the world’s first free-electron laser in the VUV and soft X-ray wavelength range. Since 2005, FLASH has offered scientists from all over the world outstanding opportunities for experiments with femtosecond VUV- and soft X-rays pulses of unprecedented brilliance. Research activities are aiming towards a substantial upgrade of FLASH, called FLASH2020+, which includes external seeding at high repetition rate as a key feature. We are seeking highly motivated, outstanding scientists with international reputation to participate in the seeding project.
- Participate in the high repetition rate seeding project in the framework of FLASH2020+
- Participate in experimental and theoretical accelerator research and development
- In particular in the design, commissioning, and operation of the seeding beamline, and beam dynamics related topics of seeded free-electron lasers
- Evaluate, test and eventually implement novel concepts for a seeded FEL
- Develop the capabilities of the facility further driven by the scientific needs of the photon user community
- Ph.D. in physics or equivalent
- Several years of experience in accelerator physics
- Excellent knowledge in physics of free-electron lasers, especially external seeding
- Expertise of common simulation tools related to electron beam dynamics and seeding of free-electron lasers
- Experience in operating accelerators and in developing high level control software
- Basic knowledge of high power, high repetition rate laser systems is an asset
- Ability to communicate research results at international conferences
For further information please contact Siegfried Schreiber, 040-8998- 94360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.