Limited: 3 years | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: MMA040/2021 | Deadline: open | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with its more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The group MSK is responsible for real-time data analysis and fast-feedback controls of beam stabilization systems, radiofrequency cavity control, special diagnostics and precision synchronization of particle accelerators at DESY. We are an international team of technicians, engineers and scientists who develop, install and operate complex instruments and embedded systems for the EuXFEL, FLASH and at PETRA.
About your role:
- Embedded software development using Vivado HLS, Vitis with C/C++, OpenCL, and VHDL on Xilinx SoC, MPSoC and VERSAL chips for digital signal processing and low-latency fast-feedback controls of accelerators at DESY
- Implementation and integration of new tool chains and techniques in our firmware repository
- Analysis and verification of software and firmware programs
- Documentation and maintenance of projects
Good reasons to join:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is in according to the regulations of the TV AVH.
Limited: 3 years
- MSc or PhD degree in electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science or similar educations
- Embedded system engineer with several years of work experience with FPGA’s, SoC’s, MPSoC’s from Xilinx
- Several years of work experience with Vivado, Vivado HLS, Xilinx SDK and ideally good knowledge of Vitis
- Very good knowledge in digital signal processing, processing algorithm and parallel processing on FPGAs
- Good knowledge of C/C++, OpenCL, VHDL, SystemRDL, Tcl, Python, Matlab
- Good knowledge on real-time operating systems and Linux
- Good ability to work in a team
- Very good English skills
For further information please contact Lukasz Butkowski at +49 40 8998-1865, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
To apply for this job please visit v22.desy.de.