DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The scientific computing group in DESY Photon Science develops scientific analysis methods and software for user experiments at synchrotron X-ray sources (PETRA III/IV), X-ray lasers (FLASH), and research groups within photon science at DESY. This particular project focusses on the development and implementation of data analysis services at DESY in the context of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). The project involves close collaboration with other large scale X-ray and neutron research facilities across Europe.
- Development of analysis services for remote data analysis using high performance networked computing/storage systems at DESY and integration into EOSC
- Development and implementation of data analysis tools for X-ray experiments at synchrotron and free electron laser sources for deployment in the EOSC context
- Development of user interfaces for effective remote data analysis
- Close collaboration with other large synchrotron and neutron research facilities
- lnteraction with scientists, users and dissemination to the wider science community
- An appropriate degree in computer science, physics, or a related area
- Appropriate programming abilities in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with high performance parallel computing infrastructure including containerisation (Docker/Singularity, Kubernetes/SLURM, etc) for HPC environments
- Ability to translate scientific problems into practical computing solutions
- A good spoken and written command of English
For further information please contact Dr. Anton Barty +49-40-8998-5783 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is limited until 28.02.2023.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Persons with disabilities will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: FSMA070/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.