Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Spectroscopy
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAXPEEM is photoelectron spectromicroscopy beamline which houses state-of-the-art aberration corrected low energy electron microscope capable of imaging with high (less than 10nm) spatial resolution.
We are now looking for a promising scientist who enjoys working in an international and creative environment, to join our team working at this advanced instrument.
As a beamline scientist, you will be involved in continuing development of the spectromicroscopy beamline (for more information, see the webpage: www.maxiv.lu.se) and the scope of techniques that can be offered to our user community. Control system development is an important part of the beamline performance. The beamline scientist is expected to develop his/her own research programme exploiting unique possibilities of the advanced microscope. User support will be an important part of the activity which will provide opportunities for collaborative work at the frontiers of the field.
The tasks also include:
- To participate in the expansion of the present and future user community of the MAXPEEM beamline.
- To share in commissioning and operation of the beamline and its infrastructure.
The candidate must hold a PhD or equivalent degree in physics or another field relevant to the beamline.
The candidate should demonstrate experience in several of following areas:
- Computer control, automation of experiments, programming and data analysis
- Write and publish articles in peer reviewed journals/digests that highlight findings from research and experimental activities ensuring consistency with the highest standards of academic publication
- Defining and exploring new research directions especially within the low energy photoelectron microscopy or in related techniques
- Support of and interaction with diverse external and internal users of soft X-ray beamlines
- Managing instrumentation projects and reaching highest possible level of performance
- Experience in development and operation of LEEM is a merit.
Other qualifications that are important are independence and an ability to take initiative. The work requires very good communication and interpersonal skills and a solid command of English, both oral and written.
Probation period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||15. AUG.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.