Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Ref.: 2381
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 47 k€ minimum
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet:03/02/2023
- Contract duration: Time-limited contract
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The ESRF has developed a series of Bragg diffraction imaging techniques for the visualization and characterization of defects in crystals. Two of them (“white beam topography” and “rocking curve imaging”) are implemented at the BM05 beamline. The aim of this work is to help enhancing the capabilities of these techniques, which provide results with a spatial resolution in the µm range and an angular resolution in the µradian range, to study the new and improved crystalline materials that are grown for applications. A first, important, task will focus on diamond crystals designed to be used as an undulator for high energy range beam. The retained candidate will benefit from practical and theoretical training, and will participate in the experiments and in the interpretation of the results, together with the ESRF BM05 small team, and in close collaboration with a number of scientific European teams working in the field of crystal growth, semiconductors for electronics and optoelectronics, or crystals used for mechanical applications. Whereas some of the results will constitute industrial secrets and will remain confidential, most of results can be (and will be) published.
Further information may be obtained from Thu-Nhi Tran Caliste (tel.: +33 (0)4 76 88 23 92, email: email@example.com).
- PhD in physics, chemistry, material science, or closely related science
- Experience of basic characterization techniques of defects, and X-ray diffraction
- At least 1 year of post-doctoral experience
- The ambition to develop your own research projects, from proposals up to publications
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Proficiency in English
Fixed-term contract 3 years.
What we offer:
- Be inspired by our innovative research institute, with an international workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts on real-world science
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.